Emotion Bowl Announcements Issued for Idaho Falls and Skyline High School

During the week of the Emotion Bowl 2019, tensions rise between Skyline and Idaho Falls High schools rise tremendously. It’s even gotten to the point where all-out brawls take place in schools, public landmarks, and the community at large. It has even gotten to the point where security in some areas has been increased. Students will storm the field towards the end of the game, and the school district has been lenient with the conduct… until 2017. East Idaho News covered a story where a little girl suffered head injury when crowds of students stormed the field. She later recovered and is fine. I thought I would share this statement from our communications director regarding the Emotion Bowl and the behavior expected out of students and the community. 

**The following statement has been issued by IFSD91.

The Emotion Bowl – the annual matchup between Idaho Falls and Skyline ­– is this Friday, Sept. 27, at Ravsten Stadium. Gates open at 5:15 p.m. Kickoff is at 7 p.m.

Tickets to the game can be purchased in advance. They are on sale from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at both high schools through Friday. Tickets are $6 for adults, $4 for students with an activity card, $5 for students without an activity card, and $4 for seniors and elementary school students. Children under 5 are free. Idaho Falls is the home team so IFHS students get in free with their activity card.

The Emotion Bowl is always the most anticipated game of the football season. To ensure a great experience for all our players, parents and patrons, please take a minute to review these rules:

• No outside food or beverages are allowed in the stadium. There will be food vendors on both the IFHS and SHS sides so please support our clubs, school groups, and boosters.
  • No face painting, artificial noisemakers, coolers, bikes, camp chairs, skateboards or sideline football games will be allowed.
  • Students will cheer for their team from their stands. Students will not be allowed to move back and forth from one side to the other.
  • Re-entry into the stadium will only be allowed in case of an emergency.
  • At the end of the game, sportsmanship will be the priority. Students and fans only will be allowed on the field after the teams have had the chance to shake hands and congratulate each other.

There is still time to buy a raffle ticket for your chance to win that beautiful 7-passenger VW Atlas. Four groups will be selling tickets in Ravsten Stadium during the first two-quarters of the game. Tickets are just $10 and all the proceeds from the Teton Auto/D91 Ed Foundation raffle go to support D91’s clubs, teams, and the D91 Education Foundation. We wish both teams the best of luck. Go Grizz! Go Tigers!