Ballroom Dancing

Kameryn Jensen, a freshman student at Skyline High School, is a sweet, outgoing girl. She lives with her three sisters, mom, dad, two dogs, and two cats. All of whom she loves very much. She is a fantastic student and has many hobbies as well, such as singing, acting and theatre. But out of all the hobbies she’s collected over the years, her true passion is dancing. Ever since Jensen’s sister had started ballroom dancing it captivated her and it did not take long before she decided that she wanted to try it as well. In ballroom, they perform different dances such as the Cha-Cha, Samba, Swing, and many others. They have performances where they dance for a live audience and hold competitions. In competitions, “[the judges] score on costumes, choreography, music and enthusiasm while you’re dancing” said Jensen. According to Jensen, they perform both in a group and one-on-one dances for the competitions. Of course she loves the dancing and costumes, but she also loves how they are kind of like a “dance family” and that she gets to make friends with the people around her. Despite the fact that her sister eventually quit, Jensen continued to do what she loved. She has been doing ballroom dancing for seven years now and hopes to continue because it has been a big part of her life and she would love to see where it takes her.