YouTube Channels to Watch While You Self-Quarantine

Photo Credit: Ciera Metzger

Imbrandonfarris, Daz Games, and Alex Warren are some of my favorite youtubers.

Ciera Metzger, Reporter

Practicing social distancing by staying home and out of public places can be difficult. It is very easy to fall into a state of boredom while being cooped up at home for a long period of time, especially if you are a high school student such as myself. The outside world keeps us busy and active. So what do we do when we are cut off from it? One thing you could do is find some new and interesting YouTube channels to binge watch. A few that you might want to check out are Alex Warren, Imbrandonfarris, and Daz Games.

Alex Warren is one of my personal favorites. He is a YouTuber who vlogs his life on a weekly basis. His videos feature his girlfriend Kouvr Annon, as well as his best friends, Patrick Huston, Calvin Goldby, Connor Yates (Paper), Mia Hayward, Ryland Storms and more. Through his vlogs we get to see the fun, crazy, and hilarious things they do on a daily basis. His videos are short, but they are jam packed with all the squad’s best moments. Each one is just as funny and entertaining to watch as the rest. Quinn Davies (11), a junior at Skyline High School says, “Alex Warren is an amazing and inspiring guy. He’s funny and original. There are not a lot of Youtubers that do the type of stuff he does.”

Imbrandonfarris is a YouTuber whose channel consists of a wide range of videos from him attempting to eat dehydrated tarantulas, to cooking using recipes that he has translated into several different languages and then back to English using Google translate. His videos may sound a little crazy, but that’s what makes them so unique and hilarious in their own way. Brandon’s chaotic but high-spirited energy might be just the thing you need to brighten your day. Kayla Speas (12), a student at Skyline High School, says that Brandon is her favorite Youtuber. “When I see his YouTube notification pop up after a long day it makes the day better. He’s super funny and loves to give back. He is just honestly a great person and I hope more people will be able to enjoy the content he makes as much as I do,” Speas said.

Daz Games is a Youtuber who makes mainly reaction videos, but also videos of him playing interesting games, and short comedy skits. Daz is a natural comedian, whose creative ideas and hilarious commentary make his videos just the binge-worthy content you may be searching for. His reactions are genuine, funny, and relatable. He even laughs at his own jokes, making it nearly impossible not to laugh along with him. Madison Blair (10) (Maddy), a sophomore at Skyline High School says, “I like Daz because he says everything on his mind when he makes his videos. He’s so honest about what he says and points little things out that are really funny.”