Good Bye Duffield

Julie Duffield

Julie Duffield

After six years as a Skyline Grizzly, Julie Duffield is moving on to teach Physical Science at Eagle Rock next year. She is looking forward to the change as “there are a lot of fun experiments you get to do,” Duffield said.

When asked what he loved most about her, Caleb Goodson (12) said, “Her sense of humor and that she doesn’t ever give up on you.” His favorite memory of her was “when she came and watched Newsies and was cheering me and the rest of the cast on.”

Duffield herself admitted, “I’m going to miss the students and all the school pride, the fun and games, the Emotion Bowl. I must say I’m going to miss the clubs because I used to do Acapella Club and Chess Club, and I’m not going to be here to do that.”

Spirit weeks and dress up days were some of her favorite things, and she also really enjoyed watching students play sports. “My favorite sports team in the whole world is the Skyline High School Grizzlies. I loved watching the football, basketball, and when I could I loved it.”

When she’s not teaching, Duffield likes to spend quality time with her family. “I love to play board games. I love to watch movies, spend time with my family, especially my kids, and our new daughter Saleina Whittacre.” Family time also includes laser tag duels, outside games, cookouts and trips to Las Vegas to see family.

Duffield’s favorite quote and lingering advice: “Believe everyone is doing the very best they can based on their background.”

Full interview:

WSS- What are you going to miss most about Skyline?

Duffield- I’m going to miss the students and all the school pride, the fun and games, the emotion bowl. I’m just gonna miss the  I must say I’m going to miss the clubs because I used to do acapella club and chess club and I’m not gonna be here to do that .

WSS- What is your favorite thing about Skyline?  

Duffield- I love our spirit weeks when we dress up and decorate I love that.

WSS- How many years have you taught here at Skyline?

Duffield- Let’s see I started in 2013 so six years.

WSS- Is there anything you have learned from your Co-workers or students that you are going to take with you?

Duffield- Yes, it’s just about how to be positive and make school fun even though it’s a lot of work. One of my favorite saying is keep it classy Skyline and Ashby used to say that I thought it was cool keep it classy skyline and umm I’m sure there’s so much.

WSS- Did you find the other teachers to be supportive?

Duffield- Yes, I always had help if I needed it when it came to classes or clubs or anything.

WSS- What is your plan with your career next?

Duffield- I’m to be teaching Physical Science at Eagle Rock. Let me tell you teaching Physical Science is a lot more fun than teaching math because there’s lot of fun experiments you get to do.

WSS- What do you like to do during your free time?

Duffield- I love to play board games. I love to watch movies, spend time with my family especially my kids and  our new daughter Saleina Whittacre so yeah.

WSS- What do you like to do with your family?

Duffield- We love to play board games, laser tag duals umm like play games outside, cookouts, umm we love trips to los Vegas, trips to see family.

WSS- What are your plans for the summer?

Duffield- We are going to go to Las Vegas and stay at a resort and we are going to spend lots of time at the New York New York in Las Vegas.

WSS- Do you watch sports and if so what is you favorite sport and team?

Duffield- My favorite sports team in the whole world is  Skyline High school grizzlies. I loved watching the football, basketball, and when I could I loved it.

WSS- What is your favorite holiday?

Duffield- Christmas cause we get a big break.

WSS- What is your dream vacation?

Duffield- My dream vacation would probably be a cruise in Norway.

WSS- What is your favorite color?

Duffield- Skyline blue

WSS- What is your favorite animal?

Duffield- ooh that is so tough cause I love so many animals I think I like an octopus they’re so fun and intelligent and when we were in Mexico I got to hold one and play with one they are chamilon they change color.

WSS- What is one quote that inspires you?

Duffield- Believe everyone is doing the very best they can based on their background.

WSS- What is your favorite thing about Duffield?

Kaitlyn Alatorre (12)– Mrs. Duffield is an amazing math teacher and I just love the way she teaches her math and keeps the kids like more motivated than most math teachers and also the way she does her one-on-one like students who are on IEPs.

WSS- What is your favorite memory with Duffield?

Kaitlyn Alatorre (12)- Starting from freshman year, I remember when see like help me like learn math easy and school was like generally really hard for me, so  freshman year when I got stuck with her class I was liked Okay this is going to be alright, and like my last last year I heard she was leaving and I was sad because she has helped me with my math and everything.

Caleb Goodson (12)- Probably her sense of humor and that she doesn’t ever give up on you

Caleb Goodson (12)- Umm probably when she came and watched Newsies and was cheering me and the rest of the cast on.

Shannel Anderson (12) – She is fun

Shannel Anderson (12)- She is cool and awesome. She is good at math.