Cole commits to play for college

Back to Article
Back to Article

Cole commits to play for college

With his mother, Cathy Owen, watching, Cole Owen signs his intent to play football for College of Idaho.

Janis Orchard

Janis Orchard

Janis Orchard

Katy Alatorre, Reporter

Inspired by his older brother, Cole Owens signed up to join him earlier this month at the College of Idaho up in Caldwell. The offensive lineman has landed an impressive scholarship, and he expects that 80-90 percent of his education expenses will be covered. Owens’s older brother, Chase, has been playing for the Yotes for the past 3 years already.

Playing on back-to-back State Champion teams in 2016 and 2017 really helped to push Owens to work hard. “After having that big 2016 season with the state championship, it upped a lot of expectations from coaches and players,” Owens told the Post Register. “It made us players push ourselves harder to try to maintain the standard that we set for ourselves.”

Looking back on his time at Skyline, Owens says his favorite memory was winning the Emotion Bowl this past year. However, he also acknowledged that every day at practice with his teammates was memorable.

About the Contributors
Katy Alatorre, Reporter

Katy has been on newspaper staff for two years. She loves to interview other students because it helps her to overcome her shyness. Outside of school,...

Janis Orchard, Reporter

I have always be an only child until August 7, 2018 when my stepsister Lincoln Arteth Orchard. I have had so much fun watching my sister grow and react...