New Years: Love yourself or revise yourself?

Sydney Melior, Reporter

New Year’s resolutions:  Do you make one and stick to it all year, or do you find them pointless and a waste of time? Or do you make one and fail within week one?

We interviewed some of our Skyline students and teachers to see what their New Year goals are. Ray Miller, a science teacher, says he does not believe in New Year’s resolutions, “It is a silly tradition,” he states. We asked him if there is a certain reason for not making a resolution, “no” he states “I’m perfectly satisfied with the way I am right now.”

Some of us are not as luck as Miller, for example, Daniel Crider (11)  has made a New Years goal. Daniel Crider is a little more optimistic about his goals. “I made a goal to lose 15 pounds in body fat and gain around 20 pounds in muscle.” How he plans to follow through with his goal is, “I’m just going to continue working hard with cheer and stuff.”

Eryn Price, another science teacher, made a New Year’s resolution to not make a New Year’s resolution. “I just think that you should really just take one day at a time, do the best that you can and set small goals.

Ashley Fransen (10) decided to make a list of resolutions so that she would stick to them and make sure that she would be able to accomplish them. “I want to meet new people, travel to 3 new states I’ve never been to, make at least one person a day smile or laugh.”

It’s never too late to make yourself better and to help others with the goals that you make. With that being said, go out and set a goal to make yourself and the world around you better.

About the Writer
Sydney Melior, Reporter

Sydney is a Junior here at Skyline, this is her first year on staff. She is 16 years old. She moved here this year from Lehi, Utah.  Her favorite food...