Movies of December & 2019

Emilio Lee, Photo Editor, Reporter

December:

Mortal Engines: After hundreds of years, civilization was destroyed by a cataclysmic event. Humanity has built cities in order to survive the harsh environments around them. They built cities in the air and on the sea, but the most dangerous ones were on wheels. Meet Hester Shaw, a young girl who is trying to stop a giant, predator city on wheels that is devouring everything in its path; they called it London. December 14, 2018Welcome to Marwen: Meet Mark Hogancamp, a man who just been broken by an attack he didn’t know why. The aftermath of the attack, it made him wipe out all of his memories, leaving him shattered, a shell of the man he was once was. But as he tries to put together his old and new life, he creates a place where he can heal, a place where he can be a hero where he wasn’t. He calls this place Marwen. But he isn’t the only one in Marwen, there are also seven very important women that he met in his life. So let me be the first in welcome you to Marwen. December 21, 2018

Bumblebee: We all know the story about the Autobot war against their enemies, the Decepticons, and how their war destroyed their home. But this time we follow through the eyes of a seventeen-year-old girl on the brink of turning eighteen named Charlie Watson. After looking through a local junkyard, she found an old yellow beetle and she will be dragged into something because she wants to protect a new friend that came with the old beetle. December 21, 2018

Aquaman: The sea as all was been a mystery for as long as man has been on earth, most of the people have an understandable fear of it. We have made stories explain its mysteries, and one of the most infamous stories is the lost city of Atlantis. Now we have all at least heard its name, but what if I tell you that the city is real and it missing their king? But the long-lost king doesn’t want it the crown, so now he must become something more than a king. He must become a hero. December 21, 2018

Movies to come out in 2019:

2019 may come to be known as the “Year of Disney.” Disney has plans to release several new installments of popular series and to remake several of their cartoon classics with live action cinematography (which has proven controversial since many are questioning whether or not CGI animation is really live action or if it is really just another type of “animation.” At any rate, here is the list of blockbusters on the lineup for 2019:

Dumbo: March

Aladdin: May

Avengers 4: May

Toy Story 4: June

Lion King: July

Spider-Man: Far From Home: July

Star Wars: Episode IX: December

The rest of the movie-making world is also relying heavily on adding additional storylines to popular movie franchises and story remakes. Few movies on the following preview list are original, stand-alone titles:

Alita: Battle Angel: February

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World: February

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part: February

Dark Phoenix: February

Shazam!: April

Hellboy: April

Pet Sematary: April

Godzilla: King of the Monsters: May

John Wick: Chapter 3: May

Pokémon Detective Pikachu: May

Artemis Fowl: August

It: Chapter Two: September

Charlie’s Angels: September

Terminator 6: November