Five sports, four years

Back to Article
Back to Article

Five sports, four years

Annalise's favorite sport is basketball.

Leslie Cheret

Leslie Cheret

Leslie Cheret

Marycruz Cruz, Reporter

Five sports, Four Years

Basketball, cross country, track, softball and soccer–Annalise Cheret (12) has played them all throughout her high school career.

For the first 3 years, in the fall Cheret ran cross country. However, she decided to do soccer her senior year. She played softball her freshman year, and she has played basketball for all four years.

“Basketball is my favorite by far,” Cheret admitted. She likes how intense the sport is, she loves the physical movement and she loves how the team members work together to achieve one goal, which is to win.

Breanna Danklefsen (12), who plays soccer with Anna, says she is “athletic, smart, and caring. She adds to the soccer team by being the only person that crashes the goal.” Danklefsen continued describing her teammate by saying, “Anna is very encouraging and hardworking.”  Her favorite memory is at the Hillcrest game this year when Skyline scored in the first minute of the first half, but then no one else could score, so the coaches put Cheret in as forward, and seconds after she went in, she scored off a Mattie Olsen(9) cross.

Tanneyce Jensen (12), who plays basketball with Cheret, says she is “hardworking, kind hearted and never gives up.” She told us Cheret is always cheering on her teammates and is a really good leader. As a good role model, she pushes the team, yet she also is very motivating and positive as she lifts the team up and gets the team excited before the games. Jensen’s favorite memory of Cheret happened shortly after Cheret first transferred here. “We had a jamboree and I gave Anna her first assist and she made it. We were so excited and jumping up and down.”

“Smart, beautiful, and kind” is what Lindsay Gardels (12) had to say. She played softball with Cheret. “ She made us happy and brought us together. She’s just the best of every possible teammate.”

Elizabeth Harrison (12), who ran Cross country and Track with Cheret, said, “Anna is kind, smart, and encouraging. Anna always tries her best, and encourages everyone.”

For athletes, sometimes It’s hard to manage school and sports. For Cheret, school always comes first. “It is my priority,” she said. “Anna was a fantastic student who always put a lot of effort into her work and completed every assignment. I wish I could have more just like her,” Aubrey Brian, her sophomore English teacher, said.