Which Haunted Locations are Worth Visiting?

Max Webster, Nic Sloan, Keegan Oldham, Bianca Fairchild, Cassidy Monson, Shelby Lee, Marcos Resendiz-Lopez, Tayla Taylor, and Isabelle Espinoza., Reporter

The Haunted Theater

The Haunted Theater is a very fun place to get spooked. The haunted Theater, located right off of Yellowstone Highway in Shelly, looks like any old 80’s theater from the street. Once you walk in and pay the $10 fee, you will be eased into the trip full of stairs, narrow spaces, and sketchy, dark carpeted crawl spaces. Something to note was that the actors and actresses do a very good job at staying in character; despite the youngest actor being only 12 years old. The lights, sounds, and effects are fun and really build situation and scene. On the flip side, there are a few flaws with the place. The biggest flaw to me was the way that the actors were placed around the course. At the beginning, the actors easily scared those passing through, but as you go on it becomes clear that there are only people hidden in large rooms, making it easy and predictable to avoid being scared by them. In the end, the Haunted Theater is a great place to go, but it might not be the place for those who like the extreme. Overall I would rate this location a 7/10 for its fun setting and cool effects.

The Haunted Hospital in Shelly

Next door to the Haunted Theater lies the Haunted Hospital. Run by the same group that runs the Haunted Theater, the hospital is not much different. The real only difference is the setting; instead of a theater, you are in a hospital. After a small introduction, you are lead into a series of tight hallways, loud noises, flashing lights, and steep stairs. The one thing that sets the hospital out from the theater is the ending. The ending is a large, foggy courtyard with a surprise hiding within; a great way to end the trip if I say so myself. The only issue with the hospital is that is very similar to the theater regarding scare tactics; they hide in large rooms and are rather predictable With there being a $20 bundle to go to both the theater and hospital, it gets repetitive rather quickly.  I would rate the Haunted Hospital a 7/10 due to its theme, feel, effects, and backstory.

The Haunted Mill

The Haunted Mill, located about 10 minutes outside of Rexburg is known all around for its great theme, acting, and scares. With such a reputation, we just had to check the mill out for ourselves. The mill itself looks rather eerie from the outside, creating a empty and dark feeling as you approach. Once we reached the line, however, we noticed that it was packed. Cold already from walking to the mill, we decided to do what most people would do; just wait in line till we get our turn to enter. We waited and suffered 3 hours in windy 30 degree weather to realize that for 5 extra dollars we could’ve cut our wait in half by purchasing the fast pass. Finally we hit were able to pay and enter the mill. The mill itself was a pretty fun experience. The costumes, acting, and setting really built the mood for the mill and really proved it was spectacular for its 10$ price. On the flip side, it was not worth the 3 hour wait to only go through a 30 minute course. Overall I would rate The Haunted Mill  5/10 due to its shortness and wait times. However, if the weather was warmer, the line was shorter, and the course itself was longer the mill would very much be a great place to go during the halloween season.