In the Spotlight

Back to Article
Back to Article

In the Spotlight

Eric Garcia

Eric Garcia

Eric Garcia

Eric Garcia, Reporter

Andrew Cavaletto (12) is a complicated student, but that is what makes him an outstanding senior. Cavaletto enjoys having many things to work on because it keeps him going forward.  Yet according to Cavaletto, his biggest struggle is “remaining motivated through my anxiety. It’s kind of cliché, but I really struggle with juggling all of my school work through my anxiety.”  As he stated, he struggles academically, but when he got his SAT scores back, he finally felt like his work had paid off. The motivation to get him through these hardships is his mom who “respects my achievements and always drives me forward.”

Eric Garcia
McKayla Godek (11)
is a junior at Skyline, or as she sees it, school is prison and she is a prisoner. McKayla would rate school on a scale from one to ten, a two. “The prospect of getting out of Idaho, moving on and actually getting to see the world a little,” is what motivates her, Godek said.  She stated that “life moves on. What happens in high school stays in high school.” Godek is waiting for the day when all her years of hard work and pressure pay off when she gets to go to a college of art and design .

Eric Garcia
Jonathan Armstrong (9)
has been through so much and wants so much more than most high school students.  “I’ve been homeless… My family been through things that have been hard.” Armstrong was homeless for three months and he has nine siblings and nine half-siblings, some of whom are in college and some of whom were homeless with him.  His coach has helped him escape reality, not only coaching him to be a gymnast, but his coach has thrown parties, sleepovers, and gone bungee jumping within “30 minutes” after asking. Ultimately, he is just a kid “who hates the mornings”, but whose motivation to get up is still his parents.