Marching band makes music

Dominick Phillips, Reporter

I am currently enrolled in the Marching Band class during third hour.  Marching Band performs at all home Varsity football games, as well as any playoff games that the Varsity team travels to.  Marching band involves playing an instrument while doing field shows and playing in the stands at games.

I play the symbols and read the music. The music makes the crowd go wild. Everyone plays their own different instruments. I practice playing the symbols on Tuesdays and Thursdays after school. I like the song we are playing at the end of the show.  

Sarah Youinou (11) said, “ I really enjoy our arrangement of Kashmir\Get Lucky.  It brings the perfect energy to the game, and conducting it is really fun.” Jamee Evans (11) said, “I like the halftime show so far because of the music we’re playing and the air of being together. I play flute and  piccolo.” Alto Saxophone player Mariano Estrada (11) agrees. “Kashmir  is really great and fun to play it can really get the crowd rolling.”

I really enjoy Marching band. It allows me to get up and move around while learning to play the symbols.  I find my classmates very helpful and fun to be around and our teacher Mr. Snarr is awesome. Marching band also helps me to meet and get to know the other students and feel connected to Skyline High School.