State Track

Sariah Harrison, Reporter

“What a great season.  I am so proud of all of our kids,” coach Chase Meyer posted to Facebook after the boys and girls track teams both finished 5th at state. “We’ve also had some outstanding individual efforts and PRs, including two State Champs. Congratulations to Zedekiah Davis winning the 110 meter hurdles, and back-to-back State Champ Daniel Helsley in the shot put,” Meyer posted.

“It was really fun to go to state and be able to represent Skyline. It’s really great to be able to be with people that have the same kind of work ethic as you, and just really enjoy being able to push yourself further, because you know that your team is doing the same” Zedekiah Davis(11) said.

Stefanie Reed, Skyline Hurdles Coach
2018 Skyline State Qualifiers pose together before boarding the bus to head to State Thursday, May 17.
(left to right)
Back row: Parker Reynolds(11), McKay Harms(12), Zion Johnson(11), Zedekiah Davis(11), Spencer Harding(11), Chayse Kidd(11), Ethan Ostler(11), Zack Lott(11), Connor Maloney(9), Marley Garcia(12), Caleb Mann(11), Daniel Helsley(12), Enrique Cook(11)
Middle Row: Jenaya Vander Stoep(10), Brea Danklefsen(11), Alexis Marlette(12),
Adria Roberts(10), Halli Olson(12), Bri Molina(11), Hannah Fish(10), Calissa Jacobson(12),
Senaida Gonzalez(10)
Front Row: Tate Jenkins(10), Sariah Harrison(9), Macy Olson(10), Breanne Herrmann(11), Coach Reed’s daughter:)

“The competition at State motivated me to push my hardest. 4a was really competitive this year which definitely helped me PR in my events. Our team ran so strong this year.” Breanne Herrmann(11) said.