Upcoming concerts near you

Rosa Maldonado, Reporter

April 12: Justin Timberlake @ Vivint  Smart Home Arena, Salt Lake City, Utah  

“The Man of the Woods Tour” event will have a ticket purchase limit of eight tickets per person. The prices are in between $90 and $400 depending on the section and row. Justin Timberlake is not only a singer/songwriter, but an actor and record producer as well.  The thirty-one year old man started off his carrier in The New Mickey Mouse Club and as a teen fell in love with the pop group. In the 90’s his pop group was a big success, and he went solo in 2002 when releasing his very own first album ‘Justified’. Along with his great music career, Justin was also starred in many movies since the early 2006. As he grew up, Justin sang in the church choir and was taught how to play the guitar by his grandfather. By the year 2004 he had already won two Grammy Awards for the best pop vocal album and for the best male pop vocal performance,“I like that he has really upbeat music,” Adison Schroader (9) said. As a solo artist, Timberlake collaborated with different artists and bands like Black Eyed Peas, Nelly, Snoop Dogg and many more; he also contributed to many of their soundtracks. April 12: Justin Timberlake will be performing in Salt Lake City in the Viven Smart Home Arena. “The Man of the Woods Tour” event will have a ticket purchase limit of eight tickets per person. The prices are in between $90 and $400 depending on the section and row.

Aug. 22: Sam Smith @  Vivint Smart Home Arena, Salt Lake City, Utah  

Sam Smith has risen up out of nowhere when he won four Grammy Awards with his 2014 album In the Lonely Hour. The 25-year-old started performing as a child, and at 15 years old, he had already recorded two songs even though the world might have not taken notice of him at the time. Throughout his teenage years, Sam Smith spent most his time studying music. Sam Smith’s spotlight wasn’t really shown until 2012 when he was featured in the song Latch. At the age of 21, Latched had hit the top of the charts in the UK, and Smith decided to release his own single, Lay Me Down. In 2016 Sam Smith collabed with James Bond and his orchestral single Writings on the Wall and won with both a Golden Globe and Academy Award in the Oscars. Sam Smith dedicated his Oscar win to the LGBT communities around the world. For the event there is a four ticket limit purchase for each person, and tickets will be sold between $32-$122 and up. There will also be fan support hours that whole week starting at 9am. His songs have touched many, including students at Skyline: “I would consider going because he’s actually a good artist, and you can listen to his music and relate to his words,” Juliza Resendiz (9) said. She has been a big fan of Sam Smith since 2014 when his song Stay With Me started trending on the radio.

Sept. 7: Maroon 5 @ Vivint Smart Home Arena, Salt Lake City, Utah  

Maroon 5 consists of five members: lead singer Adam Levine; the keyboardist Jesse Carmichael; bass player Mickey Madden; lead guitarist James Valentine; and the drummer Ryan Dusick. This group was formed in 1999 in Los Angeles California and were most active throughout the 2010’s. In 2012 their released album with Payphone featuring Wiz Khalifa hit number two on the Billboard charts. Maroon 5 was booming on the radio 2002-2013 and had the attention from many labels, and also the attention of many others, “It’s catchy,” Sandra Ridenour (11) said. The most recent album released by Maroon 5 was Red Pill Blues, and the band recently released a new video for the song Wait in February. The album Red Pill Blues has 10 songs opening with a track titled Best 4 U. Maroon 5 also features SZA on his new album in the song What Lovers Do. They also collab with Julia Michaels, LunchMoney Lewis, Kendrick Lamar, and A$AP Rocky in the new songs.