How to “Properly” Prepare for Valentine’s Day

Deciding how to spend Valentine's Day can be tricky! Here's some ideas for lovebirds or lonely birds.

goodfreephotos.com

goodfreephotos.com

Kailey Johnson and Mason Covert

As January comes to an end, the 28/29 day month, February, decides to sneak in. This month is so small we hardly notice it, but we take notice to one important holiday, Valentine’s Day! During Valentine’s Day, we take the time to show love to our friends, families, and, for some of us, our significant other. High school is a time where many young adults are allowed to have boyfriends or girlfriends. At this age we are learning the true meaning of love as most describe: an intense feeling of affection to another.

Before Valentine’s Day starts, you need to find the one you want to spend it with. You can spend it with anyone that you love, like your friends, family, or a significant other. Don’t ever feel bad if you get rejected by a someone, that’s a normal part of life and you should do something for yourself, like bake yourself cookies or brownies to cheer you up. Sugar is always the best medicine for a broken heart.

Another recommendation is to spend the day with family because they will love you no matter what. Once you’ve decided with whom to spend Valentine’s Day, do something nice for that person to show that you care for them. You could give them chocolate, candy, stuffed bears, take them to a movie, do the dishes for them, or even tell them that you love them. Spend time with the person who you want to be your “Valentine.” Just show them how much you care.

One thing you can do is to always show them you care; you just don’t have to show your “Valentine” that you care for them on only one day a year. That’s it! That’s all needed to be “properly” prepared for Valentine’s Day!